Oct 31, 2018
Chris Hooper the CEO of Accodex
“I honestly believe that accountants have the ability to change
the world, they just don't realise it yet.
I am in the business of predicting the future of the accounting
profession, and it's my mission in life to change the accounting
Some of the ways I am working toward my mission are:
• Leading by example with my company Accodex, a support platform
for freelance accountants.
• Teaching and mentoring accounting and business students that are
going to change the world.
• Writing and speaking about accounting industry trends”
In this episode, we talk about . . .
- Chris wanted to be able to write his own destiny and work as
hard as he wanted too
- How google research led him to embrace the title of an
- And how the freelance accountant in this cloud era is simply a
laptop and internet connection, with the ability to work from
anywhere on the planet. They can take on as many or as few clients
as they want too. They are in control of the scope in services they
offer, and also the type of clients they work with.
- Chris thought process behind choosing Apps, and the war he sees
happening in the Reporting App market
- Accountants need to to be client-facing earlier in their
- economic sort of trend called Mimetic Isomorphy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimetic_isomorphism, which refers to
the tendency of an organization to imitate another organization's
structure because of the belief that the structure of the latter
organization is beneficial.
Subscribe to the Accounting Apps newsletter: http://HeatherSmithAU.com